Are you a class looking to join in the fun? Do you have something to share with the community? Try to consider activities where people listening can tweet in questions or responses. This will increase the interactivity. You do not have to be a “Twitter guru” for this to work. Be sure to advertise and share your broadcast so folks know to listen in.
Examples of classroom use:
- Students read stories on air. Parents and community members can listen in.
- Students live broadcast an event at school. Parents and community members listen in.
- Students run an activity for other classes. For example: describe a pattern while students in other classes listen in and try to build the pattern based on the details given by the host class. When complete, they tweet the picture of their pattern for the host class to see.
- Students interview people on air for others to listen to. Students can take twitter questions from listeners.
- Students research areas and then take a “question and answer” period about their topic on air. (using twitter)
- Students share music or audio creations on air.
How to Broadcast
iOS Devices (iPhones, iPods and iPads)
From an iOS device, download the app KoalaSan. Sorry, there is no way to broadcast for free from an iPad right now. SCDSB Teachers request a copy of the paid app by using THIS FORM please. Follow the instructions on THIS PAGE to set up.
Windows Computers (including TNBs)